Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CE amp gain vs. S parameters??

Status
Not open for further replies.

namtey

Hi all

I have a very fundamental problem that I can't figure out. I am designing a Common Emitter amplifier which is to be used at about 150MHz. The S-parameter data I have suggests that if I run the transistor with Vce = 3V and Ic = 10mA, I should get a gain of about 20dB.

But designing a bias network to achieve this Vce and Ic I end up with an Rc/Re ratio of about 1.18. And from what I have read, the gain of a CE amplifier is the negative of this ratio.

So howcome there is this massive difference?

Thanks in advance!

hi,
A look at your circuit would help us.
Have you considered the effect on the CE gain when the emitter resistor is bypassed by a suitable capacitor.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back