Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CE Amplifier in Spice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lord loh. said:
audioguru said:
lord loh. said:
I have seen FFT graphs in swCAD could never interpret them. What are they for?
They show all harmonics of a signal. look at the sine-wave input signal which doesn't have any harmonics.

This is what I saw when I tried to get the FFT of a Sine wave... I expected a single peak. :( Or have I made a mistake...

It looks to me like your vertical scale is FAR too big, why would you want a scale that goes down to -300dB?.

I might also make my usual comment about simulators?, have you considered doing electronics rather than computer games?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
It looks to me like your vertical scale is FAR too big, why would you want a scale that goes down to -300dB?.

I did not se the scale... :oops: It was what appeared when I simulated...

Nigel Goodwin said:
I might also make my usual comment about simulators?, have you considered doing electronics rather than computer games?.

If I compute the fourier series of a pure sine wave I shall still get a A0 term (The DC component) and a series of sines and cosines.

Nigel, What do you suggest I do to learn the use of FFT?

Stupid sim program and stupid me. I corrected the scales but the FFT still didn't look correct. Then I stupidly set the number of data points to max and the darn thing hyjacked my pc and it went beserk for a long time. I think it tried to use 120GB of my hard drive before I stopped it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back