Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing resistance value for thermistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fix

hi
is there a way to decrease the resistance of a Thermistor
have a PTC Thermistor (RTD)1000k @ 0*C need to change to approx 950k @ 0*c

thankyou any help or advise will be appreciated

graham

Add a resistor in parallel with it, but it will affect the range and linearity.

But those two values are VERY close to each other, well within the tolerence of a thermistor - why do you need to try and change it, and could you just adjust the rest of the circuit?.

morning nigel
i have a sonafresco coffee roaster and have had some s/steel cased RTDs made up. original ones epoxy and didnt last well
they are not quite the same spec, so my top end temp needs correcting

following your advice i have been playing with resistors and found 150k resistor should go close to doing my job.
thankyou graham

fix said:
morning nigel
i have a sonafresco coffee roaster and have had some s/steel cased RTDs made up. original ones epoxy and didnt last well
they are not quite the same spec, so my top end temp needs correcting

following your advice i have been playing with resistors and found 150k resistor should go close to doing my job.
thankyou graham

Actually I think it will be closer to 200 Meg ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back