Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

character

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandu13

Hello,

My application is I have to generate alphabets sound using 24 keys (A…Z)
Whenever I press ‘A’ key the module should generate the ‘A’ character sound & “A for Apple” word sound
Whenever I press ‘B’ key the module should generate the ‘B’ character sound & ”B for Ball” word sound, like this up to Z
Please provide some information regarding the above application
Please suggest suitable ICs

Regards

chandu

hi chandu,

you need a sound recorder/playback ic, a microcontroller and keyboard interface.
you have to pre-record the sounds of alphabets and words u need on the recorder chip with pre-defined addresses. Whenever a key is pressed, read it wit the uc, get relevent address of the sound on the recorder ic from a look-up table and send command to the record/playback ic to play that piece of sound.

for record/playback ic, check out **broken link removed**. Somebody can suggest here some other alternatives, too.

24 keys can be interfaced with microcontroller using 8x8 matrix, or if you want to save port pins,you can try a keyboard encoder like 74c922 (supports upto 32 keys)

and for microcontroller, use whichever you are familiar with!

-------------
www.dharmanitech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back