Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charge Indecator Led Light Circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

triple_access

Hello, i'm looking for a SIMPLE circuit to light a led when my battery is charged. I would like to use this circuit on a capacitor to indicate when it is charged so that i could release the can of worms the capacitor has to offer onto a load or something of that nature.

i was just looking for something that does not require any complicated CHIPS, i don't want to use chips.

i'm looking to throw something together really fast if you will. Thanks.

Last edited:
triple_access said:
Hello, i'm looking for a SIMPLE circuit to light a led when my battery is charged. I would like to use this circuit on a capacitor to indicate when it is charged so that i could release the can of worms the capacitor has to offer onto a load or something of that nature.

i was just looking for something that does not require any complicated CHIPS, i don't want to use chips.

hi,
Look at the MAX8211 datasheet at: www.datasheetarchive.com

I don't think you'll need any chips for this. What have you got so far? My thoughts are telling me to use an PNP Transistor and an LED so that once the Capacitor is charged the LED will light up...at the same time that would probably just create an oscillator.

Why not have it so that a light goes off when the capacitor is charged?

TrevorP said:
I don't think you'll need any chips for this. What have you got so far? My thoughts are telling me to use an PNP Transistor and an LED so that once the Capacitor is charged the LED will light up...at the same time that would probably just create an oscillator.

Why not have it so that a light goes off when the capacitor is charged?

YES, something like that, what i have is a transformer charging a capacitor, when the capacitor is charged the charge indicator will know to throw a relay which will release the capacitors whop *ss, repeatedly, via low triggered n23055 transistor.

in other words the indicator doesn't need a light but a transistor to throw a relay. so i guess it would be oscillating, again it needs to be simple, THANKS.

You don't need a relay for this. Relay's can be slow...well just not really fast.

I'm not actually the one to take this from as I've never actually been to school for EE.

yes, i dont expect the relay to work very long, just a short while, i doubt the voltage source can charge the caps all that fast anyhow, there are very big caps, this is just a simple model to gain an understanding.

therefor i am looking for a charge indicator circuit that you dont have to use TTL logic with.

Something of maybe Diode resistor circuit to trigger low base transistor.

i just threw this together cause i cant wait all day,, peice

Attachments

• schematic.jpeg
    schematic.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 338
triple_access said:

hi,
You say you want a battery charged indicator and also a capacitor charging circuit that will connect a charged capacitor to some external load.

A battery charged indicator ic is the MAX8211,,, the other capacitor charge/discharge circuit is quite different, which one do you want?

Also what voltage supply, capacitor size, charge/discharge rates, also whats the load you are connecting the charged capacitor to?

You must give more information.

>> just threw this together cause i cant wait all day,, peice
What do you expect the circuit you have posted to do?

Eric

Last edited:
if u are doin this on a capacitor, current drain may be so that whatever was in the cap, isn't any more. Alternatively, you could do the maths and figure out when the capacitor will be charged. It shouldnt take long either way, so long as you connect it to a voltage source for a few seconds, it should be charged. (unless using something like 1F)

hopefully, this is a bit simpler and more practical.

ericgibbs said:
hi,
You say you want a battery charged indicator and also a capacitor charging circuit that will connect a charged capacitor to some external load.

A battery charged indicator ic is the MAX8211,,, the other capacitor charge/discharge circuit is quite different, which one do you want?

Also what voltage supply, capacitor size, charge/discharge rates, also whats the load you are connecting the charged capacitor to?

You must give more information.

>> just threw this together cause i cant wait all day,, peice
What do you expect the circuit you have posted to do?

Eric
i just need something so that i will know when to release the charge of the cap,"an indicator of some sort". but at the same time i have to build around this indicator to shut off the power supply so that when discharge is reached the power source is off as well, then back on to charge again repeatedly. so i'm after the use of the charge filtering out the charging source.

triple_access said:
i just need something so that i will know when to release the charge of the cap,"an indicator of some sort". but at the same time i have to build around this indicator to shut off the power supply so that when discharge is reached the power source is off as well, then back on to charge again repeatedly. so i'm after the use of the charge filtering out the charging source.

Hi.
Repeating question.
Also what voltage supply, capacitor size, charge/discharge rates, also whats the load you are connecting the charged capacitor to?:rolleyes:

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back