Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

charger device good bad batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
this photo charger is good for charging BP-5L and BM20 batteries, or does it reduce the useful life of these batteries?
e3082a614d31920eccc0f7233828d001.jpg

As it your previous thread, it looks a cheap crappy charger - and as it supposedly claims to be a 'universal' charger it's likely to be bad on everything. To maintain good battery performance (as long as possible) you need to charge each type in specific special ways.

Notice the batteries have multiple pins - this only has two!. The phones have the special chargers in them - charge them in the phones!.

the batteries i don't use on smartphones i use on portable consoles and for me it is easier and faster to charge in this universal charger but you say that it damages the battery and has only two blades, i wanted a good universal charger for the BM20 and BP-5L batteries

the batteries i don't use on smartphones i use on portable consoles and for me it is easier and faster to charge in this universal charger but you say that it damages the battery and has only two blades, i wanted a good universal charger for the BM20 and BP-5L batteries

You're not listening - there are no good universal chargers - at least not at any kind of sensible price, and even then they would only cover a limited range.

Your best option would probably be to adapt the devices, using an 18650 cell holder.

18650 cells are far cheaper and you can get genuine 2000 - 2500 mAH ones (eg. Samsung).
Chargers are also common and cheap.

One of the problems you are likely having is that BP-5L are likely old stock and degraded, or just counterfeit ones and not good quality. Add a poor quality charger and they will have a very short life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back