Cheap in-line power cord switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

I would like to find a switch to splice into two and three wire 120VAC conductors similar to the cheap rotary jobs you find on lamp cords. I want these so I don't have to dig under the desk to unplug the soldering iron or the power supplies I use that I use cut-off IEC power cords for.

For some reason I can never find the most common things, and this is one of them...

hi,
Maplin used to stock them.

**broken link removed**

YES:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
The cheap rotary ones you find on lamp cords can be found at the local pharmacy or supermarket.

When the cheap non-certified switch sets yor house on fire and the insurance company finds out that it wasn't certified then they will say, "too bad you used a cheap switch".

All name-brand switches are certified to be safe. They are inexpensive.

When the cheap non-certified switch sets yor house on fire and the insurance company finds out that it wasn't certified then they will say, "too bad you used a cheap switch".

All name-brand switches are certified to be safe. They are inexpensive.

I agree, those types of switches used for a soldering iron application are a disaster waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…