Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap LEDS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
Just bought 6 strings of LED christmas lights (about 500 LEDS) for under $15, including tax. Wish I had remember to go looking sooner, only 2 strings of whites. These are all fairly bright LEDs for just a few pennies each. If we get done early at work tomorrow, might try a few more stores for more whites

Wanted to get a couple dozen white LEDs for a worklight on my drill press, but didn't want to spend $20. It was just dumb luck I walked by the christmas stuff and remembered LEDs.

Anyway, if you ar looking for large quantities very cheap best get on it, don't think this is an original idea.

Um where did you get them? What store?

After the holiays are over, You can also get them from here.
**broken link removed**

6 Bucks for 50 LEDs (roughly 13cents per LED..)

I got them at Walmart. I went through and took a closer look at what I got. The two strings of white are great. They have plastic icicles that slip off, regular 5mm led underneath. Two strings of inverted-cone type leds 4 different colors. The other two strings have plastic molded/glued over the leds, haven't tried removing any yet. The long thin ones aren't bad, but the tear-drop ones are kind of large.

Basically any large chain store should be unloading christmas stuff cheap. Going to try Dollar Store and Big Lots tomorrow if I have time.

Good idea.

I bought some white strings X mas Lights pre Christmas for the full price.
It still works out at about 40 cts NZ (US 25 cts) per very bright 5 mm LED which is cheap and can be used for other purposes as well.
These are still in the tree but some white LED's may be swapped over for other experiments.

I've bought cheap bags of 100 5mm LED's on ebay for about 15 bucks. But the Xmax light's might be a cheaper source, at least if you can find that kind of deal on them.

This place has the 5W and 3W leds for pretty cheap. I think there is a handling fee so you may have to order a somewhat large qty.

**broken link removed**

jrz126 said:
This place has the 5W and 3W leds for pretty cheap. I think there is a handling fee so you may have to order a somewhat large qty.

**broken link removed**

Lumileds is the company that manufactures Luxeon LEDs. They do not sell any to retail customers. Future Electronics is their primary reseller and it is their prices that you are seeing on the Lumileds website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back