Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit explanation of wind powered battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinda george

In the circuit of wind powered battery charger,what is the purpose of placing 2 batteries.one is 4.5V NiCad and other is 12V lead acid .

my next question is about LM334.it is said that it is a current source.how it is functioning in the case of output from generator is below 13.8V.

3rd question is about power FET MTP8N05 .for what is it used.it is said that,it is used to limit the current.can u explain in detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread must be part of another topic.
Please provide reference to the original so we can answer the questions.

In the circuit of wind powered battery charger,what is the purpose of placing 2 batteries.one is 4.5V NiCad and other is 12V lead acid .

my next question is about LM334.it is said that it is a current source.how it is functioning in the case of output from generator is below 13.8V.

3rd question is about power FET MTP8N05 .for what is it used.it is said that,it is used to limit the current.can u explain in detail.

actually circuit is the same posted by mad proffesor .i cant link that in this thread.

Attachments

• wi mob charg.jpg
    wi mob charg.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 714
Last edited by a moderator:
The NiCd battery is the power-supply for the chip.

When the voltage at the join of the 107k and 10k resistors reaches a value that is equal to the value of a fully charged lead acid battery plus the voltage across the power FET and the power diode, the chip turns off the power FET to the battery and turns on the FET controlling the 33R power resistor.
This resistor is rated at 5 watt and it will load the generator so that it does not rotate too fast.

The circuit is too complex, for what it does, and the 5 watt resistor should be a higher wattage and lower value so that it increases the "brake" on the generator.
Alternatively, the resistor should be a 10watt globe, so that the output is not wasted and acts as an indicator that the battery is charged.

Last edited:
thank u sir.
can we change the window limits from 13.8-15.1 to some other values by designing voltage divider network and zener diode.
am I true that CENTER is set by LT1004-1.2 and WIDTH set by 10K and 215k voltage divider n/w.
then what is the purpose of .1 microF from pin 2.
how is ABOVE WINDOW O/P automatically changed to BELOW WINDOW.is it internal in the chip as there is no pin for BELOW WINDOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back