Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clapper project - slight problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Last night I built the following circuit:

**broken link removed**

It works well, at the moment rather than hanging a relay off it I have a little green LED on a bit of wire, just to test before I buy the $12 AUS solid state relay..

One problem I have found, is that the circuit responds to 2 sharp claps. Now that part is ok... sort of. If say I were to clap now, then wait 10 seconds, and clap again, it triggers the circuit and the LED goes on/off. What would be interesting to know is:

a) Is this circuit supposed to only respond for a certain time (i.e I've wired something wrong)
- and if not -
b) Can I put something in to make it only respond for 250-500 milliseconds after the first clap?

Thanks in advance, :)

Tim.

Also I got a relay for use with switching the lights, its a 10A 230VAC/30VDC, does that mean that I can control 10*230 = 2300W with this relay? :oops:

For now I hope to use it with a bedlamp, then hopefully I won't blow too much up.

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

letsrelaythat said:
So theres no way I can limit the clap timeout for a certain time??
Yes there is. See the schematic below. With the values shown, you can limit the range from approximately 100ms to 1 second. To increase the range, make C4 larger.

BTW, if values are not shown explicitly, they still have the values from the original schematic.

Edit: Added a toggle flip-flop (IC5), which I forgot in the original schematic. :oops:

Attachments

• clap2.gif
    clap2.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 493
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back