class room IR transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

atari7202

At my school teachers have IR transmitters {goes on belt} that go to a receiver on the roof wired back to the speaker system in the class room.**broken link removed** I want to make on of these and transmite music to the reciever help please..

I don't think they are IR, i think it is FM RF.

Marks256 said:
I don't think they are IR, i think it is FM RF.

I dont think so.

Read the Azden data sheet again, the title is "IRB-10 Infrared Wireless Bodypack Transmitter"

Which sounds like infra red to me.

JimB

I dont think so.

Read the Azden data sheet again, the title is "IRB-10 Infrared Wireless Bodypack Transmitter"

Which sounds like infra red to me.

JimB

Oh, i see. Well then how can infrared reach the roof? Hmm? Or the receiver thing on the ceiling? May i ask why you want to hack into the teacher's system? I think i may know why, and i like the idea, but don't get caught!

IR doesn't work if it is obstructed so the IR receiver must be in the classroom. Then I think the student wants to say something over the PA (not music) but it will just result in acoustical feedback howling.

IR doesn't work if it is obstructed so the IR receiver must be in the classroom. Then I think the student wants to say something over the PA (not music) but it will just result in acoustical feedback howling.

Yes, chances are that it won't be music. Better not help. :Confused: Oh well, it will be his head on the chop-block, not ours. Lol.

o come on help me please anything a anoying noise or somthing, and yes it is i that will be punished not you, you will be aprassied!!

Maybe the transmitters used by the teachers have a password tramsmitted to turn on the PA.
Maybe the transmission is scrambled.

guys {and gals} its a IR transmitter. i dont think it is any special encoder thingy. because when the teachers walk by or other teachers come in the room with one {all teachers have them} you can hear their voice on the speakers. and what are you talking about pa transmitters

I'm guessing its more like a wireless intercom. The teachers IR headset goes to a reciever in the classroom, then repeat through the school system. Replaces the speaker hanging on the wall type back when I was in school. Probably just communicates to the office, where it gets routed. Doubt you could get direct access to the PA system from the classroom.

Listen, atari7202, if you really want to do damage, why don't you toilet paper the front lawn/trees? It is a lot funner, and you wont get in too much trouble. We toilet paper our front lawn every homecoming. They used to get in a lot of trouble for it, but it is kinda tradition now. If you insist on doing something with the IR system, then just get an IR scrambler. You can find one here; www.aaroncake.net. I haven't tried it yet, because i don't have all the parts yet. So, that is the most i think we should give you.

If this is the schools version of the intercom system, might not be such a fot idea to jam it up. With all the terrorism crap going on in the world, USA and Great (ha ha) Britain be major targets these days. Certainly don't want to miss any important annoucements. Maybe that new student, the arabic kid, brings an unusally large book-bag to class one day, and the teacher is a little concerned... Or maybe they decided to give everybody the rest of the day off, and want to empty the school one class at a time, kind of bummer being left behind...

Sure these kinds of toys can be fun, but in school everybody will want one. The circuit for a TV Remote Jammer is very simple and cheap, and lot easier to do than jamming Cell phones. The school's intercom system is for important stuff.

When this thread started, it was about the PA system. And, yeah I could see how cool it would be to make a few inappropriate annoucements (my get a few days off from school for it, never understood how that was punishment for the student). Can each teach talk over the PA from any classroom? Or are all annoucements made pretty much by on person?

You mean "an IR Jammer"?

Yes, i meant a jammer. Sorry. My bad. I think my mind was somewhere else...

I agree that it is a threat, but it would be kinda funny! I say use discretion. Don't tempt fate when it comes to the lives of other's.

It would have some good uses, but think its some best not messed with.

Sure, it would helpful if your friend got busted for doing some vandalism or something, and you know its just a matter of time before he rats you out for helping. Maybe the principal will be to lazy to walk down to your class and personally drag your ass out.

Maybe its VD testing day in the nurse's office, and you don't want to be called out...

I don't think too many american students have been gunned down by "arabic kids" usually the quite brooding goth kid gets them. The speaker is in the classroom, no intercom. The oscillators for the IR sender need to be FM modulated so that means a Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) will be required, google VCO IR and maybe FM. This will no doubt score a great many useless hits so try to find a VCO to work at low frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…