Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock pulse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanky25

hii.. everybody!! can u please telle me a few sources of clock pulse to be given in a microcontroller? sorry!! the question is a bit mischiveous but i never worked with microcontrollers or flipflops so.. i am not aware of clock pulse sources

What microcontroller are you using?

Most modern microcontrollers have a built-in clock generator.

generally, the micro may have a low speed, low accuracy internal RC type osciallator.

it will have a basic means to take a crystal, and form an oscillator (see data sheet).

A crystal oscillator (with 4 pins) can also directly generate a 1MHz+ clock.

from here, a PLL on the micro can be used to synthesize a higher or lower clock freq for things like RS232 or PWM or USB, or whatnot.

Re:

download the datasheet, it explains several forms for clocking

or you can use an external clock , e,g. like this:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back