Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cmos camera module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Hey guys,
Been trying to figure this out for the longest time but I just can't quite get it working.

here's a link to what I actually purchased

**broken link removed**

and attached is all the info I could find on MT9M111

Basically I'm just trying to get the camera set up right before I worry about sync and all that jazz, so I've got my pic16f628a connected to all the data, pwr set up etc and relaying that info to computer via uart -> usb/uart converter.

Feed is constantly showing 00100000 *repeated* until I pull CS (ref attached pic) high, which then returns 11110000.

At no stage are the data bits affected by putting say a light In front of the camera.

My questions I suppose are;

- What does the CS and XCLK pins do (Might want to note that I have not attached XCLK to anything as i'm unsure its purpose, I realize this could an essential pin).

- Do I need to attach an external clock or is it part of the module? (what is that yellow/orange component).

Any other advice would be most appreciated

Thanks for your input!

Matt

You may want to ask the seller directly for sample source code. In my experience many eBay sellers have sample working source code for many items they are selling (LCD, camera modules, sensors, etc.) but for some reasons do not give the download link in the item description. It may be for a different microcontroller (e.g. 8051 or AVR or PIC) but it wouldn't be difficult to port it to your device. If the same seller whom your purchased the camera module from doesn't have it, search eBay for similar modules and ask another seller. I am sure at least one will provide you the code.

I have another similiar VGA Camera Module (VGA OV7670 640X480) that I purchased from eBay for 7 USD. I got my sample source code from the seller, much easier than writing one from scratch just using information from the datasheet.

Last edited:
Cheers I did that, I think my issue is with XCLK. If i set up my pic with a 20Mhz crystal oscillator how can I output that to the camera module too?

Im struggling to get my head around this
If its 4 bits and my master is 20Mhz what would 1111 make my Speeds like????? :S
Delay PIXCLK in half-master-clock cycles. When set, the pixel
clock can be delayed in increments of half-master- clock cycles
compared to the synchronization of FRAME_VALID,
LINE_VALID, and DATA_OUT.

When I visited a Technology Exhibition of a University Students 2 weeks ago, I saw this kind of camera inserted in a supporting development board.

Last edited:
Hmmm Interesting.. This is doing my head in, I get lots of vertical blanking with the occasional about 100 byte packet every 1 second. Byte packet increasing dramatically when I shine light on sensor.

I don't understand the data im receiving and cant find ANY info

Can any1 shed some light?

How did this project work out? I've become interested in incorporating a video camera in one of my projects. Did you find any source code? I've also been looking into the other camera chip(OV7670). Anyone have luck there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back