COM Port cofiguration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just recently purchased a second hand PICSTART programmer. I have downloaded the latest version of MPLAB and I am having massive problems connecting my PC to the hardware!

I have gone through the MPLAB help concerning COM port configuration. I am unable to enter the advanced settings for my port. The help states that under the advanced setting the flow control must be set to FIFO.

My PC is running Windows XP. At work I am using MPLAB on an XP machine, and it all works fine. I wasn't the one that set it up at work, but I'm told they just plugged it in and it worked first time. I haven't had my PC very long and there is very little on it, so the setting are all pretty much the factory settings.

I know that it is possible to run PICSTART on XP via the COM port. Is anyone able to help me? Has anyone encountered similar problems? I have tried using Windows help and online support, but I found it very hard to navigate and not very helpful.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…