Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting DIN-8 to DB-9 female plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snor

Hello. Rookie to the electric world but need some baic help.
I need to connect an old lab instrument to my computer for automatic readouts (in Hyperterminal or similar).

The output data plug on the machine is a DIN-8 connection. With the following spesifications.
Pin 1: GND System ground
Pin 2: TXD Transmit data
Pin 3: Do not connect (function reserved by system).
Pin 4: RTS Request to send
Pin 5: CTS Clear to send
Pin 6: DSR Data set ready
Pin 7: DTR Data terminal ready
Pin 8: Used by ΔE alarm; normally low.

I was wondering if anyone could give me the right connections to a DB-9 female plug (that will be connected to the com-port of the computer). Examplified : DIN-8 pin 1 to DB-9 Pin 2.. and so on.

Really would appreciate any help of if someone could point me in the right direction.

-snor

There are a number of companys that make DIN-8 to DB9 cables such as this. But you'd have to check the wiring to make sure it matches what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back