Connector Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a few different types of connectors for my project but I'm having a problem finding the right connectors because I do not what their proper name is/what to search for. I've spent hours looking through digikey but there are probably thousands if not more different kinds of connectors and none that I've seen yet are what I would like to use. If anyone could give me the names/part #s of the connectors or a link that would be a great help!
First, I would like a connector like that on an audio amp used for the speaker wires. Something with a screw and can handle 30A-40A. It will be used for the connecting relays to the circuit.

Second, I would like something to connect my signal wires from the outside world to the project, preferably with a quick disconnect, but also I don't want the computer style connectors, maybe something like the connectors aftermarket car alarms have for connecting various sensors. Actually, That would be perfect.

I am open to any suggestions you may have so please feel free to speak up. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0605071628.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 152
For the 30-40 amp connectors, your best bet is Superior Electric Supercon. Newark has them.They are on page 1146 of the current catalog. Use the 50 amp types.

You don't state the number and nature of the signal wires, so it's pretty hard to guess about what might suit.

Sorry, the signal wires will be between 22-28 guage wire (it just depends on the connector) and I will have 12-14 signal inputs, low power outputs, and such. Thanks for the help.

For the signals, look at Amphenol's 57 series in 36 pins. That gives a pin for each ground - assiming you're using twisted-pair lines. They are just like the old printer cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…