Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controling the temperature, humidity of the aviculture with PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi, i want to measure the temperature, humidity and the amount of ammoniac gas in the aviculture and control the fans and the heaters with PIC16F877A, first i want a complete and correct algorithm,could you help me? i use picbasic pro

Last edited:
You need to say how the temperature, ammonia level and humidity are measured first, and how the fans and heaters can be adjusted.

You seem to only have two things that you can adjusted (fans and heaters) and three variables to control (temperature, ammonia level and humidity). You can't control three things at the same time with only two adjustments.

It sounds like quite a complicated control problem. A PIC like the 16F877A is capable of doing it, but you have also got to look at how you monitor what it is doing and how you can adjust it. You don't say how big the building is that you are trying to control, but I would look at proper process controllers, and maybe computer logging, if it is more than 100 m2.

It could be you want to control something of 0.5 m2 in a lab. I don't know. Please tell us more if you want our help.

it's depend of the aviculture,usually more than 100m2 with 6 or more fans and 2 or 3 heaters in each saloon,we also have some coolers that works with water(water pour on the chaff and and fans distribute the water on the air,we can adjust the humidity and temperature with with that,i'll show you sample algorithm that you can modify it.

imagine that we have 3 inputs from keyboard: temperature,humidity and the amount of ammoniac gas that insert from the operator and also we measure the temperature,humidity and the amount of ammonic gas from sensors.
,for example we have 5 fans,2 heaters and 3 cooler
variables: temp1,humid1 and gas1 that insert form keyboard with operator
temp2,humid2 and gas2 are the variables the measures from the sensors.
we use fan1,fan3 and fann5 for adjust temperature, fan2 and fan 4 for humidity.
algorithm:

if temp2 > (temp1+2) then put fan1 in high revolution
fan2 in high revolution
fan3 in high revolution
heather 1 and 2 OFF
cooler 1,2 and 3 OFF

if temp2 > (temp1+5) then put fan1,3 and 5 in high revolution
heather 1 and 2 OFF
cooler 1,2 and 3 ON

if temp2 < (temp1-2) then put fan3 OFF
fan 1 and 5 in low revolution
heather 1 and 2 OFF
cooller 1,2 and 3 OFF

if temp2 < (temp1-5) then put fan3 OFF
fan 1 and 5 in low revolution
heather 1 and 2 ON
cooler 1,2 and 3 OFF

if (temp1-2) < temp2 < (temp1+2) then put fan 1 and 5 in low revolution
fan3 in high revolution
heather 1 and 2 OFF
cooler 1,2 and 3 OFF

if humid2 > (humid1+2) then put fan2 and 4 in high revolution

if humid2 < (humid1-2) ten put fan2 and 4 OFF

if (humid1-2) < humid2 < (humid1+2) then put fan 2 and 4 in low revolution

if gas2 > (gas1+40) then ALARM
fans 1,2,3,4 and 5 in high revolution

if temp2 > (temp1+10) then ALARM

if temp2 < (temp1-10) then ALARM

if humid2 > (humid1+10) then ALARM

help me please

hi amindzo,

Are you asking for a complete program written in PICbasic that solves the equations and the conditions required for the environmental controls.

Thats quite a task.:)

Looking at your recent post, you have almost set out in flow terms, what you expect the controller to do.

What exactly do you want us to do.?

EDIT: do you have details of the various sensors that you plan to use.
Without knowing the actual inputs from the sensors to the controller its not possible to produce an algorithm.

You must have received a written draft specification from your sponsors, before you start to design and program the system.
Can you post in English, an extract of the specification.?

Last edited:
i don't have problems in writing the program in picbasic and connecting the sensors, i just have a complete and correct algorithm.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back