Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling stepper motor using 2 pins on pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

I'm trying to control stepper motor using ULN2804 and a pic.
I want to use 2 outputs on pic cause i need to drive 2 motors and i have only 8 outs :(
so I have constructed one of the circuits, but it seems to not work(it worked when i made it in my PC(simulator) but not in real life... :( :x )

Attachments

• stpcontr.jpg
    stpcontr.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,250
What does not work?

Try inserting a 12V zener diode between (cathode here)pin 10 of the 2803 and the 12V supply (anode here). This will increase the rate the current decay rate which should improve motor performance.

Since you're using just 2 pins, the motor is forced to run in full-steps only which will increase the chance of resonance.

Lastly make sure you've got the motors wired correctly.

well if i use this schem the motor steps in one posicion(one fwd, one rev)

the morot is wired correctly(tryed running with 4 pins and all ok) and the zener soldered in place

also you could give me a pic program how to control this(not compleat, just how the pins should be high\low in sequance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back