Controlproblems with a SMPS-Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackerchen

Hello, I designed a SMPS-converter, now I have the problem that my first test, the test if the control-circuit fails.
The circuit is nothing special, the IC is a SG3525. As an attechment I added the control-circuit and the SMPS-circuit.
When I test the control-circuit my problem is, that during the measurement with an oscilloscope this influence in the behavior of the circuit takes. It is definitly not a soldering-problem, I checked it several times.
Perhaps there is a mistake in the design and I don`t see it.

Thank you very much for hints.

Attachments

• pwm-section_with_markings.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 648
  • other_sections_with_markings.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 635
It would fail as you are trying to drive 2 gate's of which one is referenced to -ve and the upper switch at 1/2 DC bus potential. You need a drive transformer from the control IC to the fets. One winding on the IC side and two windings (phased correctly) on the fet's side. Search Philips, SGS micro-devices etc. for application notes using isolated gate drive. Otherwise you can get IC's made for driving upper and lower fet's in 1/2 bridge converters.

And what kind of rectifier with FETs? In this position need a dual schottky rectifier.

It is called a synchronous rectifier, more efficient than diodes especially at high frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…