Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conversion from TTL (5v) to LVTTL (3.3v) with max3232 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArixII

Hi,
I am trying to read from a TTL board into a router that works on LVTTL (3.3v), with max3232. This TTL board is a motor controller called ssc-32.

I've first done these tests:
1. Connected TX of serial port of the router to TTL device directly, and issued commands, and all work fine.
2. I shorted TX and RX of the router to test if the port is working properly. I issued "echo hello" from TX and I had it right from RX back to the router. So this also worked fine.

Next, I used a schema I found online to connect them via max3232. I repeated the above test #1, but with the max3232 added in the middle, and it failed to work. I checked things more than 15 times, but no result. I'll provide a link to the schema I used here, please give some ideas to help! :)

http://www.lynxmotion.net/download/file.php?id=438

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back