Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert 0.12 vac to dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhusuthanan

hi all,

I've current transformer(CT) which has 0.24VAC @ 4A & 0.12VAC @ 2A. I need to convert it to nice 0.24DC. can any one help me?

thanks in advance

Hi,

That's interested to know why do you want to change CURRENT transromer output into voltage ?

but two thoughts if you can clearify:

1- why not to use its AC current output 2 to 4 A and do get what do you need of it.

2- You have range of output and asking for only 0.24vDc in all casses ?

I've current transformer(CT) which has 0.24VAC @ 4A & 0.12VAC @ 2A. I need to convert it to nice 0.24DC. can any one help me?

I am assuming that this is a conventional current transformer, ie a winding on a toroidal core with the main current carrying wire passing through the hole in the toroid.

I also assume that the output (DC) is to drive some instrumentation.

The voltages you quote are a bit (a lot!) on the low side for a simple diode rectifier.
One possiblilty would be to increase the load resistor so that you have several volts to work with, if that is possible.

The other thing you could do is to use an op-amp in a "precision rectifier" configuration.

Try googling "precision rectifier", or look here:
https://www.circuitlab.com/circuit/8x7xws/precision-full-wave-rectifier-01/
for a promising looking circuit.

JimB

Maybe this idea will interest you. You could follow it with a low pass filter to smooth out the ripple for nice DC.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back