Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert PIC16C84 to 16F84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalingajay

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum as well as PIC microcontrollers.
I hope to build a electronic drum project for a school exhibition. I found a circuit from Elektor Electronics magazine. But its PIC source code written for PIC16C84. This PIC can't find in our market. Anyone can help me to change source code for PIC16F84A?

Thanks,
Regards
Kalingajay

(Sorry for my English)kalingajay@gmail.com

Attachments

• drummer.asm
    33 KB · Views: 179
The 16C84 was replaced a LONG, LONG time ago by the 16F84, which in turn was replaced by the superior 16F628 - and even that was last century!.

There's very little difference between the three devices, and it's trivial to change from one to the other - there were migration documents from one to the other on the MicroChip website, but the 16F84 to 18F628 one was removed when the reintroduced the 16F84 - at a MUCH higher price, as people get asking for it. The 16C84 to 16F84 one may still be on their website?.

Hi,

After a quick look ...

just replace ALL "16C84" occurencies by "16F84A" should do the trick ...

no more :)

Alain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back