Coreless Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogdens_R

Hi,

I just want to ask if normal ESCs for DC Brush Cored motors work for their coreless counterparts as well. i.e. can i control the speed of a coreless motor using pwm?

Thanks

You would have to check what type of construction the motor uses, but many will use the same drive technology as their "cored" counterparts do. These are simply a motor that is constructed mechanically different from what a motor normally looks like. Often the central ring is just a ring of magnets on a hollow core instead of a shaft.

This is all based on my understanding that you are refering to motors that do not have a driveshaft, but are the ones that are hollow, allowing a shaft to pass through them. I mean the ones that are similar to a shaft encoder, they look like a bearing, being a ring with a central hollow ring that rotates whatever is inserted though it.

I have used them on reduction drives to save space and avoid a coupler, and the ones I used were permanent magnet type, driven the same as a regular permanent magnet motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…