Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could anyone simulate these circuits in LTSpice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Around a year ago I simulated several precision rectifiers in LTSpice and they seemed to have a reasonable output.

Lately I repeated the simulation and found that the output is not like in the past: minimums take, alternatively, values of +0.2V and -0.4V. Maximum always 1.5 V.

I went to the LTSpice group where I was told that my circuit worked "out of the box". But I am still having the mentioned Vout.

Could anyone simulate the three attached circuits and tell the outcome? I did with three consecutive updated versions of LTSpice, so I do not think the problem comes from there.

I am asking this, because from the eight different circuit tested, all have a similarly flawed Vout.

Thanks for any help here.

Attachments

• Absolute value rectifier 03.asc
    3.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Absolute value rectifier 02.asc
    2.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Absolute value rectifier 01.asc
    3.3 KB · Views: 135
All three simulated. 1&2 pretty fast completion. Cursory look at the waveform at the output looks cycle-by-cycle like the output of a full wave rectifier. 3 took much longer to complete. Looks like it is a filtered version of the full-wave rectifier with a long time constant.

Attached is a zoomed in view of #1

Attachments

• rect.png
    rect.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 201
Vout, as you get it from the simulation, is it acceptable? I recall getting a beter one in past simulations.

I recall using a different opamp (but do not know which one). I wonder if it was from LT at all...

The 1077 is a micropower 250KHz GBW Low voltage opamp. It is way too slow to follow your 2.5KHz waveform. Your circuit is GIGO. You will need an OpAmp with a GBW of at least 3MHz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back