Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Countdown timer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

a7q6vdyy

Task: Push a button, countdown 5 minutes, after that buzzer and LED goes on to alert people. And 7 segment display is also required during counting

My idea:
(Since this is my first year to study electronics, so I don't know am i making myself clear)
1) Switch
2) Latch (Bistable? SR Flip-flop?)
3) Astable
4) 4510 counter (what about the load?)
5) 4511 decoder
6) 7 segment display
7) Logic gates( NOT gate? when it counts to zero it held high?)
8) Buzzer & LED

If my idea would work(probably not), I also want to know how to make the 7 segment display to show the actual minutes and seconds. i.e. 5:00->4:59->4:58------->0:00

I want to know the theory behind it, and the actual circuit diagram. (Do it in yenka will be much appericated) Please help.

p.s. English is my second language, so please feel free to ask if you have no idea what I am talking about.

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

what should i do?

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

what should i do?
hi,
The link works OK for me.?

I have clipped a part of the counter image, its shows an example of a single digit counter.

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    40.4 KB · Views: 694
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back