Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

counter articles with fotoelements

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfire

greeting
need some help with this project

counter products on the assembly line using fotoelements

I need to scheme and text how it works
Thanks in advance

I believe you will need to be more specific and better explain what you want or are trying to do. My first read of this:

counter products on the assembly line using fotoelements

had me wondering how photo elements like Adobe Photo Elements fit into things? Then I assumed you want to maybe count things as they pass a point on a conveyor belt? Now if you just want to count product as it passes a point on an assembly or conveyor line you need to decide if you can use a reflective photo system or a photo system where a beam of light is broken by passing items. Factors like distance from your measuring plane to the object are important.

What exactly, in detail, are you trying to do? What is the objective?

Ron

Consider using 74192s cascaded, which are programmable Up/Down counters (or equivalent). Use a light source (visible or IR) set up using a comparator like a LM339 to generate the clock pulses that drive the counter.

**broken link removed**for an understanding of comparators like the LM339, **broken link removed**to understand the 4017 counter chip. The 4017 will drive a 7447 seven segment display driver.

All of the chips are merely suggestions for a starter. Since your request is vague the options are a little vague also. Is this an industrial project, school project or what?

Ron

OK, then I suggest you start with the links I provided. How high do we need to count? I will give you some basic ideas to work from but this won't do anyone any good if I do it all. Start with thinking a photo cell circuit to clock your counter. When an object breaks a light beam it interupts and the count will increment up by one. Also, let's keep it here where others can help. I am not adverse to PMs but they serve no purpoose and as many point out, if I screw up I need to know about it. OK?

Has the teacher mentioned any specific parts?

Ron

what is this 74192s "cascaded"?
whether there is a concrete circuit diagram??
please can you explain in detail the principle of work?
Thanks a lot

When I get home from work today I'll try to post a simple circuit showing you what I mean. I suggest you Google 74192 and HFE40192 to get an idea of the counters. Additionally use this forums search functions because there are plenty of threads for counters.

Ron

Attached is a pair of 74192 decade counters cascaded. They would count from 00 to 99 as shown. If you look at the data sheet for the chips things should make sense. Their outputs feed a pair of 7447 display drivers. Earlier I gave a link that covered comparators where a photo diode or photo sensor could be employed to provide clock signals to the counters.

Hope That Helps
Ron

Attachments

• 74192_Count_Up.gif
    74192_Count_Up.gif
    16 KB · Views: 802
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back