Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counter to preset number for different output

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnteBante

I am building a very simple thing for a show where
I want every 29th push of a button to be one output
"NO WIN / RED LIGHT" but every 30th push should
be another output "WIN - SOUND - BLUE LIGHT".

As I normally do my stuff in 12V it would be perfect
if anyone could tell me where to start looking for the
counter that I can program to send out the current
one way on every x (30th in my example) current (push on
the pushbutton).

All helpful hints would be very appreciated.

I'd suggest using two simultaneously-clocked 5-or-more-bit counters: one which resets at 29 and the other at 30.
You could use standard CMOS 7-bit or 14-bit binary counters. Logic gates would be needed to detect those counts to cause reset, and (presumably) to prevent both lights coming on at multiples of 29*30.
I don't see how you can do this with a single modulo-30 counter, as that would result in the lights being actuated at counts 29,30,59,60,89,90.... rather than (as you require) counts 29,30,58,60,87,90....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back