Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create bluetooth device

Status
Not open for further replies.

HudzonHawk

I'm making a custom keyboard and I want it to connect to the PDA through bluetooth.

The two things that I want to know are:
- What kind of transmitter/receiver should I use?
- Are there any guides on implementing the software part?

The software part is well documented, I'm not sure if it is Free or free however. you want to read about "bluetooth human interface device" or "bluetooth hid", see also usb hid

there are a lot of bt radios out there that provide the bluetooth spp profile... they are 'black boxes', a microcontroller and a radio sealed together on a micro sized pcb. you need one that supports the hid profile, and possibly others too. check with broadcomm and mitsumi to see what they offer in terms of single chip solutions.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back