Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crossfader Schematics Explained Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combover

Hello guys,

I am trying to mod my Technics Crossfader. I have got it working to an extent but it fails when I put electricity and audio through it.

I am trying to keep it as a normal audio fader but to use it as an analogue potentiometer that runs into an aurduino board, then pure data and then via midi to Virtual DJ. I have all the software parts done and as I said it works perfectly when there is no audio running through it. If anyone wants to know how to do this then I can let you know. No problems.

So my problem is that I do not understand how the schematics of the fader works out. On a normal potentiometer I connect the ground to 1, the analogue input to 2 and the 5v output to 3.

What worked without the audio was as the image looks
. .
. Ground . 5 Volts
. .
. Analogue Input .

Can anyone tell me what should be connected to what as I have very little electronics experience and don't understand where any of these circuits are going.
Thanks

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I don't understand what you are trying to do here. What do you mean by "put electricity AND audio through it" - ?

If you are just reducing the audio, pin 1 is ground, pin 2 goes to the amp and pin 3 is the audio input. If it's used as an input to an A/D converter, then you can hook it up to +5V like that -

- but you don't do both!

If you are reading the audio with the A/D input, take the +5V off pin 3 and replace it with just the audio signal. Use the wiper (pin 2, apparently) for the A/D input.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you are trying to do here. What do you mean by "put electricity AND audio through it" - ?

I am not trying to gauge the audio output levels into my A/D converter but to use the pot to control 2 outputs. To leave the audio output as normal to my amp and to send a level to my A/D converter.

When I use it as a standard pot my readings are fine.
When I plug the mixer into the mains the readings change and are awkward.
Then when I put audio into one of the chanels all the readings are cut.

I presume the problem is that the audio is inputting a new voltage I am also unsure which are the 1,2 & 3 pins.

When you say Don't do both, does that mean this is not possible ?

Thanks for the help duffy

That's really too bad.
Really appreciate the help, us newbies are trying to learn and stay out of your hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back