current control by microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandpatel27

hi all

i have a simple circuit in which the light bulb intensity control is done by varying the resistance.i am using a ready module in which the input is DC and i control the current by using a 10K pot. now i want to remove the 10K pot and instead want to use a microcontroller circuit which would control the current. i know it would require DAC and all...

can some one please help me out how to proceed and how is it possible?

Easily possible, and simple to do - like you say a DAC is all you require, and you could use PWM to create one with a single resistor and capacitor, depending on the input requirements of the module.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Easily possible, and simple to do - like you say a DAC is all you require, and you could use PWM to create one with a single resistor and capacitor, depending on the input requirements of the module.

i did not get you much. what will be the output of the microcontroller which i have to give to the DAC . also DAC would give me some dc voltage . how will i control the current then?

I presumed you needed a variable voltage, perhaps you should post a diagram of exactly how it's currently connected?.

Hi,

Im trying to use a current limiting circuit similar to the above (varied using a microcontroller) to simulate a PV cell.

Was wondering if the circuit you have mentioned can be modified to be used in this way (ie. as a variable resistor which gives a constant current to a certain voltage limit before the current drops away?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…