Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current starved inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shico90

Hello,
I wanted to ask about current starved inverter, what is its main function and what is its circuit, I can't find any information about it on the internet, please help
Thank you

Yep 10800 hits in .33 seconds and none of them I looked at really explains much of anything as well.

From what I could get from any or its they are related to voltage controlled oscillators and/or related to phase locked loop systems.

Until today I don't recall having ever heard the term current starved inverter before.

This site has a lot on it. **broken link removed** characteristics Current starved inverter
When you figure it out could you explain it in 100 words or less? =)

It is easier to just reduce the Vdd voltage on a CMOS inverter to increase its propagation delay. This includes the gate drive which is where most of delay change occurs due to reduced Vgs and corresponding Rs_on of inverter output.

For a current sourced phase detect driver output there is a controlled current source. Problem is there is usually always a dead spot in phase response at phase lock. A small amount of bleeder current (a resistor) is usually done to keep lock state out of dead zone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back