data recording system using Microchip PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mwega

im building a circuit which simulates an automobile black box of a vehicle. The system models the black box by using a microcontroller to interact with a signal representing the airbag deployment module. If the signal is high, the microcontroller is to interact with signals from a switch representing the brake lights and record this event - recording it as "brakes depressed" and also interact with a potentiometer used to model speed measurement and record the speed measured. To me this sounds really complicated. I need some insight into how my circuit is gonna look like and what other components I may need apart from the switches.

what kind of microcontroller you planning on using? It sounds like you'd need an ADC to read the potentiometer, some microcontrollers come with this built in, otherwise you'd need an ADC IC. Other than that, looks pretty straight forward.
Perhaps you'd also consider an EEPROM to store the data on.

recording system

i plan to use a PIC16F88 chip. i am aware that it has an ADC built into it. i need to know where I can get tutorials for coding the PIC in assembly cause I have never worked with it before. In fact this is the first project Ive ever done so I need all the help I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…