DC amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbchrist

I have a DC signal (~<19.4mV) from an accelerometer that I would like to boost to something a little for legible for my data aquisition system. I have a cheap daq, and it can't read anything below 19.4mV. So if I could boost the DC signal to something around 1/2, 1 or 2 volts, that would be great.
I was thinking about an op-amp, but am not clear if they work for DC or if that is the best way to do this.

Confuzed,

Yes, an opamp is the way to go.

an opamp cct is exactly what you want. Since it is such a low amplitude you are going to have to be a bit careful (thinking hte use of instrumentation amp)

opamps work from DC upto their bandwidth (or their rolloff bandwidth)

word of advice with such a low signal noise is going to be a PAIN for you!!!!

Do you have a part number for the accelerometer? How far is it mounted from your daq? What is the full-scale input range of your daq?
You can't run that op amp off 3V (4V minimum), but there should be something that will work. We might be able to find something after you provide more info.

It turns out that I was miss reading the accelerometer info and the output is ledgible with my cheap DAQ. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…