Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Connector with switch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The switch is there to cut off the internal supply ( ie batteries ) when you connect the dc plug.
A bit like cutting out the internal speakers when you plug earphones into a radio.

I am with HouseOFwax on this.

The switch isolates the internal supply, usually. It is operated by inserting the plug into the socket.

As for reversing the polarity, I think you are confusing this with some other device.

JimB

Why do you want to do that?

What are you trying to do?

I have 3 wires that are all DC well...1 is constant +12V, 1 is ground and the other is a +12V a times, well i when the one is +12v i need a jumper jumped on a power supply...so it would save me the trouble of having to manually flip a switch to jump the jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back