DC-DC Converter C&D Technology NMA1215D

Status
Not open for further replies.

neko_whisker

Hi.
I am very new to DC-DC converter.
I have a NMA1215D.
The problem is that I cannot find supporting materials, like wiring DC-DC converter and it's info.

Can you pls post an example how to wire it up?

Is it possible to obtain variable voltage from it by variable resistor? is it advisable to do that?

Pls advise.
Thanks

neko_whisker said:
Hi.
Is it possible to obtain variable voltage from it by variable resistor? is it advisable to do that?

The spec that on1aag posted covers the pinouts.

There are two 15Vouts, with a common 0V, centre point, isolated from the 12Vin.

You can connect a variable resistor across the 15Vout, but as you require 12Vin, why would you want to do that?.
Do you want an isolated voltage?

Do not draw to much current from the 15Vouts, observe the TOTAL rating of the device IIRC its 1Watt, else it will fail.

Hi My Dear friends
all thanks for yor help.
I am using NMA1215D to various voltages for amplifiers as it requires +/-9V to 15V. That's why.
Another thing I have NMA0505SC. It seems that I cannot get +/-5V from it. I connected it to 5V supply and obtained them directly without any additions of components. All I get is +/-7 to 8V. What could be the problems?
I am using it for SPI analysing (FTDIchip DLP2232M Module) and I am using that DC-DC converter for isolation and protection.

Hi,
When you measure the Vout's, do you have a load connected?
Regulation of some of those devices require that you have a load attached.

If you have a load connected and you still get the higher voltage, its possible that the NMA has failed.

Look at the performance load line on the graph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…