Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC voltage sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Eric, that looks ideal. Did you use Spice to model that?
I suppose it would be a similar story for OVER voltage detection as well.

Thanks Eric, that looks ideal. Did you use Spice to model that?
I suppose it would be a similar story for OVER voltage detection as well.

Yes, thats the free LTspice Sim.
For over voltage you could use a 45Vzener and resistor/opto

If you have a suitable power source to drive this ICL7665 IC, this could be the answer.

Attachments

• ICL7665..pdf
    114.2 KB · Views: 219
Fantastic, Eric.
Unfortunately, Maxim have always caused me grief whilst ordering their products, requesting literature or requesting design assistance with their parts, so I am unable to obtain this part easily - the ideas you have posted previously appear to be quite adequate for my needs anyway.

I dont think I have any more questions, so I'll buy some zeners and try it out soon. Great help, Eric, thanks.

Regards,
Michael

I don't suppose that for over voltage detection (45v) I could use a 22V and 24V zener in series (similar to the two 15V zeners in series that you posted) to get 46V ? Is it OK to have those mismatched values?

I don't suppose that for over voltage detection (45v) I could use a 22V and 24V zener in series (similar to the two 15V zeners in series that you posted) to get 46V ? Is it OK to have those mismatched values?

hi.
Its OK to use a combination of zener voltages to give the overall voltage.

Hi, I search the lt spice model of ICL 7665 for a simulation, Where did you find this component ?
Thank you,

PS : I am a french student, sorry for the bad level in English.

Hi, I search the lt spice model of ICL 7665 for a simulation, Where did you find this component ?
Thank you,

PS : I am a french student, sorry for the bad level in English.

hi,
Sorry I do not have a 7665 LTSpice model, I did not post a 7665 circuit in this Thread.

You could build a hierarchical model in LTSpice using the 7665 datasheet block diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back