Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Debugger/Dev Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: ... is it always cold in canada? (i know its probably a stupid question)
Yes. We all live in igloos and ride dog sleds. :p

Dude, look at where we are latitudinally on a globe. The temperature doesn't suddenly drop at the 49th parallel. :D Yes, it gets colder as you go further north, but summers are still hot. They're just shorter as you go further north.

I don't know the exact statistic, but I think something like 99% of Canada's population lives in the southern part of the country, close to the border. We got plenty of room up north "in the woods". :p

Last edited:
heh Futz im sorry if i sounded bad lol its like in school all they would say is Canada is cold lol. But ive been thinking about Canada for some years now. I think its a great place (people wise especially). I know almost nothing about the place but that people are friendly there then in most parts of the world.

It sounds like a nice place to raise a child. I need to look into the rest of it tho like the Job/Career rates, schools and healthcare options. Do you have any input on those. Also i know Canada is a huge place but from your perspective what areas are recommended? Whether to live or to visit like vacation wise.

I need to look into the rest of it tho like the Job/Career rates, schools and healthcare options. Do you have any input on those.
Not sure where to start. Everyone is required to pay into the medical insurance plan (rates are low - subsidized by high taxes), so health care is mostly covered by insurance (though they love to charge like mad for anything not covered).

Also i know Canada is a huge place but from your perspective what areas are recommended? Whether to live or to visit like vacation wise.
Well that's obvious. **broken link removed** is the best! ;) But you know I'm horribly biased. I've lived there all my life, except for a couple years in Toronto.

Alberta (except the left edge), Saskatchewan and Manitoba are all flat prairie, which I don't care for, but some people love. Ontario is pretty flat (their ski hills are HILARIOUS!!! Just tiny little bumps that they call mountains! :D ), but has lots of foresty area in the north parts (and more tiny little bumps, with trees on them), and the big lakes. I haven't been to the rest. I'm sure it's nice. Someday I'll go see it.

Last edited:
wow just noticed you are close to California which is a long way from NY lol. Maybe that why i feel like visiting Toronto since its so close. Maybe one day ill make enough to jump around for a vacation and visit California also :D

wow just noticed you are close to California which is a long way from NY lol. Maybe that why i feel like visiting Toronto since its so close. Maybe one day ill make enough to jump around for a vacation and visit California also :D
When I lived in Toronto I was unemployed for half a year or so. To this day I still kick myself for not jumping in the car and going to see NYC and eastern US and eastern Canada too. I had the time. Was on salary too. But I was young and dumb and didn't do it. :(

i bet you would have had a great time but dont beat your self in the head about it. Imagine you would have liked it so much you stood. Then you would have been through hell here. With these bad times.

Just wondering whats a major paper(news)(newspaper) for your area? Or Toronto?

We've had the busiest Christmas and New Year in the history of the company, it strikes me that people are spending their money rather than risking leaving it in the bank :D

Apparently home safe sales have rocketed massively as well :p
That's excellent! It's certainly not what I've been hearing from the idiot media. Maybe you're turning it around? Or haven't crapped out yet?

The US seems to be in tough shape, and Canada is definitely slowing some too. I hear Xmas retail was dismal in both countries. I certainly didn't contribute - stopped doing Xmas some years ago. Bah, humbug! :p Now I just get a nice lazy few days off without all the stupid spending and driving around.

Got my Logic about a week ago, and I love it. I stalled on a few interface projects that I've managed to restart thanks to the info. Hardware is nothing special, and anyone can make up a sampler that dumps to USB, but the software is really clean and intuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back