Design 5 digits LED 7 segment display...(pH meter)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayien

hi there!! it was 3 month since my last log in..i'm still working on the pH meter. now i'm focusing on the transmitter part..my question is how can i develop 5 digits LED 7 segment display without implement any programming method, what i mean is i dont want to use for example a PIC16XXX. . Dont ask me why but actually i manage to convert the analog signal (from pH electrode) thru an ADC, thru a BCD decoder and present it on 1 digit LED 7 segment display. oh! one more thing i wanna use just the LED 7 segment display not LCD. my problem is i wanna add the display digits. for example, i want the display to be read 1.098 instead of just 1...can anybody help me?? does anyone got some ideas..pls..

As you don't want to go the simple and cheap route, I would suggest you try the 'old, but not quite so old' technique - use a digital voltmeter IC - by using an opamp to feed the input you can adjust it to read what you want.

There are two versions of the common IC, one is LED the other LCD, one is the 7107 - but I'm not sure which that is, I'm sure google will tell you!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…