Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design and development of flood sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesha

Objectives:

a) Study and familiar with eZ430-RF2500 working principle IO and the function of remote alerting.

b) Learn how to sense and detect the water level using c coding.

c) Learn how to integrate the water level sensor with eZ430-RF2500 for remote alerting.

Do you have a question?

Ken

Sounds like a good homework problem with clear objectives. Suggest you get started.

My question is that I am not sure how to create a flood sensor circuit using msp430 eZ430-RF2500 with C coding. Sensed water level have to be like for 15cm- Alert, 30cm-Warning and 45cm emergency. I really hope someone can help me.

For a circuit external to the MSP430 I would suggest this: https://www.simplecircuitdiagram.com/2010/10/19/cd4093-water-level-sensor-detector/ Since CD4093's have 4 gates in a chip, you can use one for the oscillator (left circuit) and the other 3 for three level detectors (right side) that can output three levels to your MSP430 digital inputs. I like this circuit because of the AC drive minimized electrolytic erosion of the electrodes. I did a similar circuit for two levels with a PICAXE microcontroller using PWM output for the oscillator and two ADC inputs for the detection. https://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12266 Maybe this will get you started.

If the electrodes are not continuously immersed, there are many multiple level DC circuits out there that could be adapted...Google: water liquid level sensor detector alarm circuit

This will only give you logic level inputs to your controller...I'm not much help you beyond that.

Ken

Hi

Thank you for your infor on my project, but i really not sure how to sense and detect the water level using c coding in the circuit that you have suggested **broken link removed**

The previous student who has done my project has circuit that shows a red LED will turn on when 10cm the alert mode is active, and the two red LED will turn on when 20cm the warning mode is active, the last emergency mode will active when the water level reached 30cm, the buzzer will turn on, and the 7 segment will display 30cm.Now I need to do advance of this project. But i have no idea of how to do differently from the previous student. Can you give me some ideas what can be included or do differently from the previous student ?

Thank You Ken for your infor on my project. But I am not sure the website diagram that you suggested **broken link removed** , how to sense and detect the water level using c coding ?

Perhaps, have your controller sense the water levels and the time between levels. Then have it activate a variable-speed pump or series of pumps depending on the water level and the rate-of-rise of the water. The faster the water rises the faster the variable-speed pump runs or the more pumps that are activated.

Ken

I am thinking of adding sms service in my project. Which means when the water level reaches 45cm which is emergency the buzzer will turn on, and the 7 segment will display 45cm and a sms will be sent out to the in-chargers in the place. So that even if they never here the buzzer they will see the sms sent to them. But i am not sure how to add in the sms service in my c coding and what are the items needed to add in my current design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back