Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of sporting timing gates / PDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggy748

Hi guys,

I need to build some timing gates for showjumping competitions, as to buy them cost over £4K.

As the horse goes through the gate it breaks an infra red beam, and then breaks another when finishing the course. The time goes to the judges and is displayed on a public display board. The gates need to be portable and if possible wireless. I seem to remember my dad building some for around £150 from parts from maplin several years ago.

I will also need a public address system to announce the results - again i think to build it myself would be vastly cheaper than to buy a ready made system, but having no idea about this sort of thing, thought it best to ask you lot!

Any thoughts on what parts I would need, and cost?

(PS this is an outdoor show in the UK - keep in mind rain!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back