Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Desktop Replacement Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games are for kids, there's no way I'm going to buy a new computer with Windows just for silly games.

I can't see me buying a new computer until my current machine stops working anyway.

Hero999 said:
Games are for kids, there's no way I'm going to buy a new computer with Windows just for silly games.

Say what you want. I feel that it is a way to socialize (LANs). In my opinion, it is a hell of a lot better than going out to 'real' parties and get drunk off your ass. Gaming is good clean fun (except for the violence, and when your opponents get pissed because they loose all the time.) It is also nice to sit back and relax while you blow the crap out of an axis team tank.

i have a acer aspire 3000, i bought it about 2 years ago and it still works good for my needs. The only 2 problems i have with it are the fact, the battery lasts for 10 minutes, and i have blown up the speakers (somehow). when i first got it, the bat lasted for one hour after a charge, but 10 minutes is very strange??? oh well, you get what you pay for, and i got it for $888:D

Finally, someone with no BS... ;) I looked into a few acers, but they seemed very expensive...

Hero999 said:

I can't see me buying a new computer until my current machine stops working anyway.

I used to buy/build new computers every 2 or 3 years till they past 500MHz.
My current box is a neighbor cast off. It is a whopping 750MHz. The only thing it can not do (that I would like it to) is video editing. I keep thinking I would like a new box but can not bring myself to opening my wallet when the old one is still working.

I am fond of saying.
New computers turn money to junk.

A doctor in town understands this and has taken it to an extreem. He only surfs the web, emails, and does word processing. He is using a 166MHz packard bell and Win95 and it works well for him. I was afraid to ask if he was backing up work.

He will be upgrading.

I am using an old packard bell in my basement. I think it runs at 66MHz, i don't remember. I have more old machines than i do new ones. I think it is time to upgrade.

Marks256 said:
Say what you want. I feel that it is a way to socialize (LANs). In my opinion, it is a hell of a lot better than going out to 'real' parties and get drunk off your ass. Gaming is good clean fun (except for the violence, and when your opponents get pissed because they loose all the time.)

When you get older, LANs also become get drunk off your ass parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back