Digital Clock Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

46robbie46

Hi Everyone,

I am having some real trouble trying to make the clock in the attached picture count properly. It seems that the seconds are counting round to 59, as they should, but at that point it is not clocking the minutes to 01, as it should.

I have tried everything that I can, and have had to resort to asking for some assistance. If anyone could tell me what I would need to do to make it work correctly, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

46robbie46

Attachments

• digital clock.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 184
You have left out the connection to Clock A on the third counter chip. It needs to be connected to Qd from the second counter. The same goes for the fifth chip needs to be connected to Qd from the fourth counter.

Thanks for you help, I had not realised that I had left those Clocks out!

However, it is still the same, i.e. not clocking the minutes or the hours. The revised circuit is attached, if you wouldn't mind having another look because I am really lost with it at the moment.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• clock2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 157
Scrap that, I think I may have sorted it. I connected the Clock A on the Third and Fifth counter chips to Qc, and it seems to be okay at the moment. I sure will be back if i have any more problems though lol.

Thanks a lot, it's much apprecciated

Scrap my last post, I didn't think it through. The clocks need to be connected to the output of you OR gates that you are using to reset the count. You may need to invert them to get the correct edge for your pulse. Clocking them off Qc will clock them at the wrong count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…