Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital clock using 74160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
i am making a digital clock using 74160, so far i have created the seconds and minutes using 74160 counters. im making a 24 hours clock.
i had created all the schematic first on multisim and it works fine. but now when i exported it on actual circuit. i got few problems

1) the minutes 00 are working fine until i have 59, but after that the counter gives random number to 5, i.e(40,20,50). i m loading the counter with 0000 when 6 occurs on Q0,Q1,Q2,Q3 (0110). but it seems after loading it starts it count from some random number.. this problem is only happening on minutes,, i applied the same login to seconds and its working fine..
what i have done is that, the Second minutes counter (i.e. 5) is enabled after the 1st minutes RCO & second seconds reaches 6, throigh an AND gate.

2) i want to make an option of setting the time on this clock. i am not sure how to do that, i need a very simple & effective way of doing this.

Any help would be very grateful for me.

looking forward to hear from you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back