Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmanuel

Please, i need the circuit of a digital alarm clock with days of the week on its display as well. Thank you.

use NE555 to generate the 1 second clock
and many 74LS194 (s)
display with 4511s drive

Maybe the following picture would be a little useful(a easy washer controller with digital circuit)..

====
sorry, my poor english
====

Attachments

• washer..JPG
    washer..JPG
    416.5 KB · Views: 396
Sorry but using the 555 as a timebase is a bad idea because it's not very accurate or sable, typical capacitors have a tolerance of 10% or worse so a second could really be 0.8s or 1.2s meaning it'll gain or loose a couple of hours every day.

Sorry but using the 555 as a timebase is a bad idea because it's not very accurate or sable, typical capacitors have a tolerance of 10% or worse so a second could really be 0.8s or 1.2s meaning it'll gain or loose a couple of hours every day.

YES,You're right. sorry.
I haven't thought much of this problem.The clock should be run for a long time,the timebase must be accurate..
And which kind of timebase generator will be ok?

A crystal and a frequency divider can be used.

I'd recommend an 32768Hz crystal because they're cheap and can be bought from most component sellers or be taken out of old watches.

A CD4060 and CD4013 can be used to make a 1Hz timebase.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for the reply. But i want to come out straight concerning the actual project i want to do. I want do what i call a "digital lecture and venue schedule reminder" for example, when a lecturer has a lecture by 9am on monday, the course code e.g (ECE 521) is displayed as well as the venue e.g(lecture theatre). Also, the project is integrated together with a digital alarm clock. It should include input button that can input data such as date, time, venues, course codes for the courses.the input buttons should be a cross navigation i.e you navigate vertically and horizontally to input whatever data you want to input. So thats the project i wanna work on. But most importantly now, is that i need the circuit diagram before tuesday the 20th of april, for my proposal to be accepted. Can you help?

Last edited:
No one's going to design your circuit for you.

Did you bother to click on the link to the Google search posted by Mike above?

Perhaps you should: many circuits can be found on the Internet.

We're happy to help you, but we're not just going to do the whole project for you.

Last edited:
Save money and effort...get a cellphone. Even my cheap $10 TRAKFONE has a repeatable scheduler/alarm with labels. I don't think you even need to have service. We let our 3 year old granddaughter use my wife old cellphone because it works, but she can't call anyone with no service (well maybe 911). It still keeps it's schedule calendar up to date. ;)

Ken

I should have caught that a project with a "title" ("want do what i call a "digital lecture and venue schedule reminder" ") is most likely an academic assignment.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back