Digital latch with Zero consumption when 'off'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just so happens I grew up with a few sisters and a crafty mother. Ever seen this stuff before? **broken link removed**

It's a thin dual conductor tape that's used to fully "wire" a dollhouse. The tape is thin enough to cover with paint or scale wallpaper. It becomes almost invisible. With it in place you no longer have to worry about powering your light or controlling it. You can power the light from an outside source and control it there also.

To complete the effect place one of these where appropriate. **broken link removed**

Hi LTX71CM!

Sadly, the 'spec' from my daughter was that the lights be transferable from house to house.
I offered to wire each house but she was adamant - naturally i wanted to wire it and have rechargeable batteries hidden away - the thought of paying for numerous cr2032's does not fill me with joy.

Thanks for the heads up on the wire though - if the spec changes I'll be buying 5' of it

A quick bread-boarded experiment with the component values shown.
Push-ON/Fade-OFF after 30 seconds, as the voltage across C1 drops below 1V.
Increasing the values of C1 and/or R2 should proportionally increase the On-time.
The leakage current of a large electrolytic for C1 will have a limiting effect.
SW1, SPDT/Center-OFF, gives Push-ON/Timed-OFF/Push-OFF. I can't seem get around that with this "simple" circuit.

Ken

Attachments

• Delay-on-Brake BS108G.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…