Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital stethoscope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohaan

hey,
m biomedical student..3rd year!
i have to make DIGITAL STETHOSCOPE, do any one of u can help me..
i have its CIRCUIT diagram,but not sure bout that what should be the changes in it..
so kindly HELp me..
hope u people will..

regards,
Rohaan.

Attachments

• steth.gif
    steth.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 869
No,
this is Electronic Stethoscope..
but i wanna know how do i make it Digital..?
and if i only work on it..so whats should b the changes to make it work perfectly!

So what do you want the Digital Stethosope to do? What indicators, etc.?

I suppose you could digitize the mic input with an ADC, display the waveform and convert it back to analog with a DAC but that seems rather silly. I think this is a case where analog is just fine.

Maybe the OP isn't telling us everything.

The OP doesn't know what his teacher wants to be digital. He should ask his teacher if the pulse rate per minute should be on a digital readout. Maybe the waveform of the heartbeat should be shown on a screen.

It would seem that there is no way around the sensing portion being analog. IMHO Pure digital would be out of the question.

The OP doesn't know what his teacher wants to be digital. He should ask his teacher if the pulse rate per minute should be on a digital readout. Maybe the waveform of the heartbeat should be shown on a screen.

Hi audioguru,

why didn't you put in part values?

Hans

Last edited:
hey,
m biomedical student..3rd year!
i have to make DIGITAL STETHOSCOPE, do any one of u can help me..
i have its CIRCUIT diagram,but not sure bout that what should be the changes in it..
so kindly HELp me..
hope u people will..

regards,
Rohaan.

I am in pre-med as well, but I never had to design circuits for any of my classes. Are you doing Bio Eng as opposed to Bio med?

My project has the parts values in the schematic.

Attachments

• Electronic_Stethoscope_2 schematic.png
    Electronic_Stethoscope_2 schematic.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 538
:D:D

This is really entertaining!

By the way a stethoscope isn't the same as a heart beat monitor. A stethoscope is used for listening to internal sounds including breathing as well as heart beat. I have no idea how digital makes sense for a device with the sole purpose of allowing some one to listen to sounds. Now if it was a digital heart beat monitor, that makes a lot of sense and is pretty easy to do.

Rohaan - in order for people to help you, you are going to have to get a lot more specific in what you want. I also suggest you try to avoid saying things like "so whats should b the changes to make it work perfectly!" as it sounds like you want others to do you work for you. You will get a much better response if it appears you have done a lot more research.

To be honest, if you really are just fishing for some one to do your work for you, I sincerely hope you change your major as I wouldn't want to be hooked up to a medical machine designed by a person like that. I'd skip nuclear and aerospace engineering, too.

Fortunately, a pre-med has to take the MCAT exam (Or similar outside U.S) to get into med school. That weeds out most.

Scary isn't it...

*Thinking to himself*
No this isn't a so-called "brand-name" pace-maker. It's pic12f683 powered, I made the design with help from Electro-tech, well I followed the schematic well.lol

-BaC
I wonder what low rent doctors practice has all self made medical instruments. Don't mind the xray machine.

Last edited:
It would appear graduation standards vary wildly around the world.

I imagine that is true for a B.A or B.S, and unless we are talking voodoo medicine, I believe that med schools worldwide still hold high standards and expect only the best of the students.

This standard of practice began some 2400 yrs ago in ancient Greece with Hippocrates, and has held true ever since (Those Greeks sure were wise).

Even third world nations hold no less a standard than their wealthy counterparts. This is not the same as a thirdworld nation with lack of funds to equip a hospital, as the doctors are still well versed and a hospital lacking proper equipment should not be the standard by which a Dr. should be gauged.

Anyways, that is what I believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back