Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do Not Know How This Micro RC Receiver Works... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs14smith

Hello all,

I just received a receiver that I'm going to use in a project, however, I cannot seem to figure out what pins or what area on this device the power is suppose to connect to.

Here is where I purchased it: Amazon.com: 6-Channel Micro Receiver FM 72MHZ, Neg Shift: BCP: Toys & Games

It's a 6 channel micro receiver, and on the label it has 7 boxes which contain the numbers 1 - 6 and the last box has the letter "B". I thought B stood for "battery" but after YouTubing around I think it may stand for something called "Bind"...

Other than that, on the side of it which you cannot see in the photo from Amazon, is two ports that I believe a device called a Crystal goes. So that's all it has, so I'm just puzzled on the question of how do I power this thing lol?

Last edited:
The B marking is most likely the battery plug. However, it usually doesn't matter what plug the battery connects to as each channel has 3 pins, Signal, +V, and Ground with latter two connected together across all channels.

The B marking is most likely the battery plug. However, it usually doesn't matter what plug the battery connects to as each channel has 3 pins, Signal, +V, and Ground with latter two connected together across all channels.

Hmmm I guess that makes sense. The problem is, the receiver doesn't even come with a manual which is odd, as I'm not sure how much this receiver can even handle, volt/current wise. I have a DC power supply on hand, but before I try to supply power to two of the pins I was hoping someone here could recommend a "safe" voltage I should set my DC power supply to?

I think you were right. I should be getting my transmitter in the mail tomorrow so I can see what happens when I send some signals it's way. Using a volt meter, it appears that once I supplied around 4.9v to the left and middle pin where the label "B" was, all the pins (1-6) read 4.9v.

Will keep you all posted!

If it uses the most common wiring scheme for servos, the +V supply should be applied to the middle pin.

You probably should've gotten some servo cables along with your receiver if you didn't already.

If it uses the most common wiring scheme for servos, the +V supply should be applied to the middle pin.

You probably should've gotten some servo cables along with your receiver if you didn't already.

Well I already have 3 servos at the moment. One is a spare, so I just stripped the pigtail wires from it, and that allowed me to simply connect my DC power supply directly to the leads of the pigtail and then just plugin the female end into the receiver.

So yeah, the middle pin is the V+, and I found that the left pin is the V-, and the right pin is for the signal. Of course I can't confirm any of this until I get my controller in the mail.

I still don't know what the heck the crystral that can be plugged into the side of the receiver is used for. Mine didn't come with one, but I see other people using them...hopefully I won't need it.

Hobby Zone and Horizon Hobby do not list any E-Flight receivers.

E-Flight make model airplanes and model helicopters, not RC radios. This antique radio was probably pulled from an obsolete airplane.

The receiver won't work without a crystal that has the same frequency as your transmitter.

Last edited:
Hobby Zone and Horizon Hobby do not list any E-Flight receivers.

E-Flight make model airplanes and model helicopters, not RC radios. This antique radio was probably pulled from an obsolete airplane.

The receiver won't work without a crystal that has the same frequency as your transmitter.

Yeah I figured it was fairly old. I'm still going to give it a shot, and if all goes wrong I'll just visit a local RC shop I just found.

My new RC airplanes use 2.4GHz radios that automatically select a clear channel. The antennas are only 1.5 inches (or less) long.
The receiver circuit board has two tiny servos on it, an electronic speed controller and is the size of a postage stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back