Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does this 4011 flasher work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougnsandiego

Found this circuit and am hoping it does what i need - flash the LED at the rate of 240 per minute. Have no idea how to tell if the resistor/cap values are set properly to do this.

Anyone know how to determine what this will CD4011 circuit actually do?

Last edited:
It doesn't do what you want. One of the four gates oscillates.....at about 2 MHz !
Anyone know how to determine what this will CD4011 circuit actually do?
Simulate it in LTSpice etc.

here is the original schematic ---

Maybe I didn't format my version correctly ....

Does this ORIGINAL schematic - which I copied to make up my layout - have the same problem?

Right off the top if you gate the MOSFETS ON they produce a dead short across your supply. Where is the load?

Ron

Yeah, that didnt make sense to me either - I just used the CD4011 part of the circuit, took output from pin 4 to a small transistor whose output (if pin 4 was high) lit the strobe. Have not tried to breadboard yet - thought it wise to ask if the CD4011 design would produce the flashing output before even starting --- and, at what rate.

Any way to check that from the circuit? I'm not even sure why the inputs of 3 of the amps are shorted together.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back