Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dont rely on components

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravbijlani

I am a Test Engineer and sometimes,the problems are difficult to fix.
Once there was a faulty pyro(a FET) and it did not settle down.
When i replaced it,the circuit still would not time out and I tried to fault find everything but could not come up with a solution.

When I started testing it again on a fresh day,I figured out FET was not working again and I changed it and the unit started working.

I learned a lesson to never rely on components.

A fault is never eliminated until,the new component is also faulty.

Start afresh when you cannot find a problem and rely on your abilities.

Last edited:
Most componants are reliable, it's just a bad design that makes them unreliable.

Doesn't that just mean that you blame the component first before you blame yourself? Most people are the other way- blaming themselves before blaming the component which is the way it should be.

Actually, I'm not sure what your post is trying to say since it kind of jumps back and forth. Are you just saying that sometimes when you replace a faulty component with a new one, that the new one may also be faulty? And to remember that when troubleshooting the second time around? (Rather than blame the component before blaming yourself).

Last edited:
I had tens of thousands of an audio EQ circuit made with TL074 quad opamps and each one was tested with a very detailed tester I made. None failed except one that had the opamp package mounted backwards.

I bought a package of 10 white LEDs from an Indian store. 5 didn't work because they had a bubble over the LED chip.
I bought 100 Fairchild LEDs and they were all perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back