Dont undersant capacitor's basic principe

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you read my posts carefully, I'm not comparing the 'constant' voltage of a battery with the 'exponential' discharge voltage of the capacitor.
I'm comparing 'Q'

The efficiency is assumed to be 100% for the circuit that converts from battery to capacitor charging voltage for the purpose of explanation ONLY,
as is the step up ratio.

You dont seem to have a grasp of basic electronics theory.
Exactly what course in electronics are you studying in your 3rd year.???

Its so hard, i just dont get it.
I'll read about how flash works now and will reply to you on that when i finish reading it.

You dont seem to have a grasp of basic electronics theory.
Exactly what course in electronics are you studying in your 3rd year.???

I finished second year with 95% of success (havent start 3rd year yet), and taken courses in semiconducters (basic - diodes, BJTs, MOSFETs) and electrical circuits (basic - inductors, capacitors, etc.).

I know all about the mathematics of the electronics, but i dont know how to use it for things that i havent earned an experience in them.

hi,
It can be hard to pick up, but you seem quite determined to understand which is good.

Ask away, we will do our best to fill in those gaps.

hi,
It can be hard to pick up, but you seem quite determined to understand which is good.

Ask away, we will do our best to fill in those gaps.

Thank you, and i very appreciate you helping me out.

I've read about how flash works.
The capacitor is used in order to apply fluctuating current on a transformer, which boosts the 200V capacitor's voltage to 4K voltage applied on the metal plate of the flash which inonizes the xenon gas and creates a flash.

What i dont understand is where is the "high-speed use" in the capacitor?
If the time it took to the capacitor to discharge was longer, then for the transformer to work you will need the secondary coil to have more loops, because dΘ/dt would have been lower?

Last edited:

The time it takes the cap to discharge thru the flash tube is much shorter than the charging time.

The step up transformer does have more turns on the secondary winding than the primary winding.

The time it takes the cap to discharge thru the flash tube is much shorter than the charging time.

The step up transformer does have more turns on the secondary winding than the primary winding.

Thank you very much.
I understand now very well the flash issue.
One day when i tell my kids about it, i'll tell them that some Eric Gibbs dude has taught me that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…